Volunteer at Discovery Station
Discovery Station welcomes the invaluable contributions of time, energy and talent that can be provided by volunteers of all ages. Volunteer/docents are needed daily for hosting visitors and for Gift Shoppe assistance. Creative talent is needed for poster/sign making, designing and assembling school packets, exhibit production, and more.
For a printable application, click this link: volunteer-application. Otherwise, please complete and submit the electronic application below.
Please call 301-790-0076 to offer your individual skill and interest.
By submitting this application, you agree that you have read and understood the Discovery Station Code of Conduct Policy (see below), and understand that failure to comply to the Discovery Station Code of Conduct can result in your termination as a volunteer from the museum.
Discovery Station is a youth-serving, community-based organization dedicated to providing hands-on learning experiences. Participation in the organization’s programs is subject to the observance of the organization’s rules and procedures. The activities outlined below are strictly prohibited. Any participant or staff member who violates this Code is subject to discipline, up to and including removal from the program.
- Abusive language towards a staff member, volunteer or visitor.
- Possession or use of alcoholic beverages or illegal drugs on Discovery Station’s property or reporting to the program while under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Bringing onto Discovery Station’s property dangerous or unauthorized materials such as explosives, firearms, weapons or other similar items.
- Discourtesy or rudeness to a visitor, staff member or volunteer.
- Verbal, physical or visual harassment of a visitor, staff member or volunteer.
- Actual or threatened violence toward any individual or group.
- Conduct endangering the life, safety, health or well-being of others.
- Failure to follow any agency policy or procedure.
- Bullying or taking unfair advantage of any participant.
- Failing to cooperate with an adult supervisor/leader/mentor.