We are accepting group visits during our normal hours of operation but are also holding special Group Visit Wednesdays – where schools, childcare groups, and homeschool groups can have special access to the museum on Wednesdays! To book a date, please fill-out the form below. All visits must be booked and confirmed with our Operations Manager.
Discovery Station group visits and field trips require a minimum of 10 people and a maximum of 60 people per tour. All field trips must be conducted during normal operating hours; not exceeding a 2.5 -hour maximum trip visit. No bagged lunches are permitted at this time.
Discounted Rate(s) for groups of 10 or more that are pre-booked:
Group leader • No Charge
Student/Youth Group members ages 3-11 (each) • $4.00
Children 12 & up and Chaperones (each) • $6.00
Advance reservation is required to qualify for group rates and all reservations must be booked and confirmed via email/phone by the Operations Manager at least two weeks prior to the visitation date.
We do require a field trip ratio of 1 chaperone per every 5 students. We ask that all field trips assign students to designated groups prior to arriving at Discovery Station. Once the field trip arrives at the museum, we will go over the rules with the students and then split the field trip up into the assigned groups. Each group will then be sent to different locations within the museum and afterwards, they may move freely throughout the exhibits with their groups.
Students must be accompanied by chaperones at all times.
- Learn the names and faces of the students in your group and make sure they know your name.
- Keep track of the students you’re chaperoning. Travel through exhibits as a group. Count your students before moving onto the next section of the museum.
- While exploring each exhibit in the museum, engage students by asking thought-provoking questions. You don’t need to know the answers!
- Do not run in the museum. Please walk at all times. Use indoor voices at all times, so that other visitors may have the chance to enjoy the exhibits too.
- Please respect museum property and handle each exhibit feature with care.
- Share and take turns with each interactive piece.
Contact us if you have any other questions or concerns.