Group Visits and Field Trip Information
Discovery Station group visits and field trips require a minimum of 10 people and a maximum of 80 people per tour.
All field trips must be conducted during normal operating hours (Thursday through Saturday: 10 a.m. - 4 p.m., Sunday: 12 p.m. - 4 p.m.); not exceeding a 2.5 -hour maximum trip visit.
Discounted Rate(s) for groups of 10 or more that are pre-booked:
Teacher/Group leader (limited to one adult per booking) • No Charge
Student/Youth Group members under 18 (each) • $4.00
Chaperones (each) • $6.00
Adult Group members (each) • $6.00
Advance reservation is required to qualify for group rates and all reservations must be booked and confirmed via email/phone by the Director of Operations at least two weeks prior to the visitation date.
We do require a field trip ratio of 1 chaperone per every 5 students. We ask that all field trips assign students to designated groups prior to arriving at Discovery Station. Once the field trip arrives at the museum, we will go over the rules with the students and then split the field trip up into the assigned groups. Each group may then move freely throughout the exhibits in the order they please.
Students must be accompanied by chaperones at all times.
Field Trips are more than welcome to bring bagged lunches and enjoy them in our Explorer Cafe during their visit. Our lunch room comfortably seats 32 people, so larger groups will have to coordinate a rotation where students eat at staggered times. We do not have a refrigerator available for groups to store food.
- Learn the names and faces of the students in your group and make sure they know your name.
- Keep track of the students you’re chaperoning. Travel through exhibits as a group. Count your students before moving on to the next section of the museum.
- While exploring each exhibit in the museum, engage students by asking thought-provoking questions. You don’t need to know the answers!
- Do not run in the museum. Please walk at all times.
- Use indoor voices at all times, so that other visitors may have the chance to enjoy the exhibits too.
- Please respect museum property and handle each exhibit feature with care.
- Share and take turns with each interactive piece.
Contact us if you have any other questions or concerns.