Please take a moment to review the following procedures and precautions that have been put into place at the museum to keep all of our guests healthy and safe during Covid19!
At this time, our Explorer Cafe is closed for eating. Food is strictly prohibited in exhibit spaces.
Our hours of operation will be:
Thursday – Saturday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m
Sunday from 12 p.m. to 4 p.m.
Walk-Ups are welcome!
- To visit and play at Discovery Station, masks will be required for everyone 5 and over. No exceptions. After discussions with health officials at the Washington County Health Department and other agencies, masking will go a long way towards preventing the spread of the coronavirus. Discovery Station reserves the right to ask any guest to leave if they refuse to wear a mask. Per the State of Maryland, reasonable efforts should be made for children between the ages of two and eight to wear face coverings. We understand it’s tough for young kids, and we will be gentle in our reminders.
- Social distancing must be practiced. You do not need to practice social distancing among your own family group, but you do need to maintain a 6 ft. buffer between your group and other groups of guests. We have guidelines for exhibit capacities posted to help you.
- Upon entry, guests will be asked to sign the Discovery Station Covid Waiver and health screening listed below. Then guests will also be asked to either use hand sanitizer before entering the museum.
- Discovery Station reserves the right to ask you to leave without a refund if you are behaving in a way that is unsafe for our other guests (refusing to wear a mask correctly, not practicing social distancing with other family groups, etc).
- We have increased our already EXTENSIVE cleaning schedule. Look for our volunteers or staff as they continuously clean and sanitize.
- Discovery Station staff and volunteers all submit to daily health screenings including temperature checks.
- We have been working with children’s museums around the country and under the guidance of the CDC and the Washington County Health Department to develop safe reopening plans.
Please note that we take the safety of our visitors, volunteers, and staff very seriously. We understand how difficult this time has been for our families and we wish for things to return to normal as quickly as possible, too. Your safety and wellness are our number one priority! Please keep that in mind as we reopen. These measures are temporary and will be reviewed as Covid19 changes.
Discovery Station Covid Waiver:
I acknowledge the contagious nature of the Coronavirus/COVID-19 and that the CDC and many other public health authorities still recommend practicing social distancing.
I further acknowledge that Discovery Station has put in place preventative measures to reduce the spread of the Coronavirus/COVID-19.
I further acknowledge that Discovery Station can not guarantee that I will not become infected with the Coronavirus/Covid-19.
I understand that the risk of becoming exposed to and/or infected by the Coronavirus/COVID-19 may result from the actions, omissions, or negligence of myself and others, including, but not limited to, museum staff and other museum guests.
I voluntarily enter Discovery Station and acknowledge that I am increasing my risk to exposure to the Coronavirus/COVID-19.
I acknowledge that I must comply with all set procedures to reduce the spread while attending my appointment.
I attest that:
* I am not experiencing any symptoms of illness such as cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fever, chills, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, or new loss of taste or smell.
* I have not traveled internationally within the last 14 days.
* I have not traveled to a highly impacted area within the United States of America in the last 14 days.
* I do not believe I have been exposed to someone with a suspected and/or confirmed case of the Coronavirus/COVID-19.
* I have not been diagnosed with Coronavirus/Covid-19 by state or local public health authorities.
* I am following all CDC recommended guidelines as much as possible and limiting my exposure to the Coronavirus/COVID-19.
I hereby release and agree to hold Discovery Station harmless from, and waive on behalf of myself, my heirs, and any personal representatives any and all causes of action, claims, demands, damages, costs, expenses and compensation for damage or loss to myself and/or property that may be caused by any act, or failure to act of the museum, or that may otherwise arise in any way in connection with any services received from Discovery Station.
I understand that this release discharges Discovery Station from any liability or claim that I, my heirs, or any personal representatives may have against the salon with respect to any bodily injury, illness, death, medical treatment, or property damage that may arise from, or in connection to, my visit to Discovery Station. This liability waiver and release extends to the museum together with all owners, partners, and employees.