PLAN YOUR VISIT TO DISCOVERY STATION
Our Hours of Operation:
Special Group Visit Wednesdays – Learn More Here
Thursday – Saturday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m
Sunday from 12 p.m. to 4 p.m.
Walk-Ups are welcome!
Adults and Children 12 & up: $7.00
Children 3 -11 : $6.00
Seniors 55 & Older: $5.00
Children 2 & Under: Free
Discovery Station has made some changes to keep all of our visitors, volunteers, and staff safe during Covid 19: Click Here To Learn More.
Due to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic, Discovery Station has closed the Explorer Cafe for food purposes. Food is strictly prohibited in exhibit spaces. We appreciate your patience in this matter.
Please take a moment to review the following procedures and precautions that have been put into place at the museum to keep all of our guests healthy and safe!
- To visit and play at Discovery Station, masks will be required for everyone 3 and over. No exceptions. After discussions with health officials at the Washington County Health Department and other agencies, masking will go a long way towards preventing the spread of the coronavirus. Discovery Station reserves the right to ask any guest to leave if they refuse to wear a mask. Per the State of Maryland, reasonable efforts should be made for children between the ages of two and eight to wear face coverings. We understand it’s tough for young kids, and we will be gentle in our reminders.
- Social distancing must be practiced. You do not need to practice social distancing among your own family group, but you do need to maintain a 6 ft. buffer between your group and other groups of guests. We have guidelines for exhibit capacities posted to help you.
- Upon entry, guests will be asked to sign the waiver and health screening. Then guests will also be asked to either use hand sanitizer before entering the museum.
- Discovery Station reserves the right to ask you to leave without a refund if you are behaving in a way that is unsafe for our other guests (refusing to wear a mask correctly, not practicing social distancing with other family groups, etc).
- We have increased our already EXTENSIVE cleaning schedule. Look for our volunteers or staff as they continuously clean and sanitize.
- Discovery Station staff and volunteers all submit to daily health screenings including temperature checks.
We have been working with children’s museums around the country and under the guidance of the CDC and the Washington County Health Department to develop safe reopening plans.
Please note that we take the safety of our visitors, volunteers, and staff very seriously. We understand how difficult this time has been for our families and we wish for things to return to normal as quickly as possible, too. Your safety and wellness are our number one priority! Please keep that in mind as we reopen. These measures are temporary and will be reviewed as Covid19 changes.