PLAN YOUR VISIT TO DISCOVERY STATION
Our Hours of Operation:
Thursday – Saturday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m
Sunday from 12 p.m. to 4 p.m.
Discovery Station is CLOSED on the following holidays: Easter, Mother’s Day, Memorial Day, Father’s Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day.
Walk-Ups are welcome!
Adults and Children 12 & up: $7.00
Children 3 -11 : $6.00
Seniors 55 & Older: $5.00
Children 2 & Under: Free
Discovery Station has made some changes to keep all of our visitors, volunteers, and staff safe during Covid 19: Click Here To Learn More.
Due to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic, Discovery Station has closed the Explorer Cafe for food purposes. Food is strictly prohibited in exhibit spaces. We appreciate your patience in this matter.
Please take a moment to review the following procedures and precautions that have been put into place at the museum to keep all of our guests healthy and safe!
- Washington County currently has substantial transmission of COVID and is trending upwards. As such, to visit and play at Discovery Station, masks will be required for everyone 5 and over – regardless of vaccination status. No exceptions. Masking will go a long way towards preventing the spread of the coronavirus. Discovery Station reserves the right to ask any guest to leave if they refuse to wear a mask. Per the State of Maryland, reasonable efforts should be made for children between the ages of two and eight to wear face coverings. We understand it’s tough for young kids, and we will be gentle in our reminders. We offer virtual programs and STEAM activities online for our visitors who are uncomfortable visiting the museum during Covid19 with our mask policy in place, and we will have virtual tours of our exhibits too.
- Social distancing should be practiced. You do not need to practice social distancing among your own family group, but you do need to maintain a 6 ft. buffer between your group and other groups of guests. We have guidelines for exhibit capacities posted to help you.
- Upon entry, guests will be asked to sign the waiver and health screening. Then guests will also be asked to either use hand sanitizer before entering the museum.
- Discovery Station reserves the right to ask you to leave without a refund if you are behaving in a way that is unsafe for our other guests.
- We have increased our already EXTENSIVE cleaning schedule. Look for our volunteers or staff as they are continuously cleaning and sanitizing.
- Discovery Station staff and volunteers all submit to daily health screenings including temperature checks.
We have been working with children’s museums around the country and under the guidance of the CDC and the Washington County Health Department to develop safe reopening plans.
Please note that we take the safety of our visitors, volunteers, and staff very seriously. These protocols will be reviewed as Covid19 changes.