Discovery Station at Hagerstown, Inc. is looking for a responsible and energetic individual to be our part-time Visitor Services Assistant. The individual assists in the operation of the museum with a special focus on museum procedures and visitor interactions. The VSA will work in conjunction with the Director of Operations to further the mission of Discovery Station. They will assist in the supervision of volunteer staff, oversee the front entry, work with data collection and other roles as assigned.
Although no employees will directly report to this position, the VSA must maintain working knowledge of museum operations and staff policies. This individual works with the Director of Operations and volunteer staff to create an ideal environment so that children and families can learn, interact and enjoy a safe and fun museum experience.
This is a part-time, 24-hour per week position. Applicants must be able to work a flexible schedule, including Saturdays and evenings as needed. Non-operating hours may be necessary to meet hourly requirements. This position does not include benefits.
Education and/or Experience Requirements:
• High School diploma or equivalent required.
• College degree preferred.
• Excellent communication and customer service skills required.
• Previous experience working with children and/or in an education setting a plus.
• Special consideration will be given to people with management and/or supervisory experience.
• Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills are strongly encouraged.
• Must be able to work in a loud, chaotic environment with large numbers of children.
- Must pass a background check.
Walking, standing and sitting for long periods of time. Lifting up to 20 lbs. Reasonable accommodations will be made if necessary.
Discovery Station is an Equal Opportunity Employer. If you are interested and feel you are qualified for this position, please submit your resume, cover letter, and references. No phone-calls please.
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com by September 14, 2018.